Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The always war by Margaret Peterson Haddix, a decent short dystopian



The Always War by  Margaret Peterson Haddix

Published by: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Date published: November 15th 2011
Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Synopsis

In a war-torn future United States, fifteen-year-old Tessa, her childhood friend Gideon, now a traumatized military hero, and Dek, a streetwise orphan, enter enemy territory and discover the shocking truth about a war that began more than seventy-five years earlier.












my thoughts

cover: it is not my all time favorite. but it has appeal.

book: found it in my monthly galley grab. looked it up on goodreads. the synopsis looked interesting.

we get thrown in a hero awarding ceremony. Gideon Thrall is being awarded ,our non romantic leading male[that's new] and suddenly runs away. Yep that's the beginning

Tessa is in awe of him, his heroism. But secrets of the war, of him come to light and things change. with the result that they see everything and each other different. Tessa & Gideon meet Dekaterina, short for Dek along the way, the last of the trio.

this is an action packed for a relatively short dystopian
the actual bad guy is actually not a human or bad! what a surprise for me at least. It was the brains. I kinda liked 'it' very much.

Dek, Tessa and Gideon transitioned from almost strangers to basically best friends. i'd say Gideon had the most character development.

Tessa acted stupid and moody at times. she's no sue ann , heck no but no katniss either.the other thing it was so short.

I've enjoyed my very first dystopian novel. just the tip of the iceberg. I bet there are better books out there, more thought provoking. this was pretty decent. looking forward to reading the creme DE la creme of the dystopian genre. signing out.lol


virtual hangouts[wat i could find]
website
facebook fan page

To order
Amazon
Barnes & noble
Indiebound
Bookdepository

3 comments:

  1. I love dystopian books when they are done well. Haven't read this one yet, will have to see if I can fit it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this authors books a lot but haven't read any. I agree the cover isn't terribly appealing, but the description does sound good. I hadn't paid any attention to it before but now I'm thinking I may give it a try cause I love dystopians!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater